Location: Hillcrest Avenue & Daniel Avenue in University Park, Texas
Goal: Seeking zoning change from current O2 zoning to a Planned Development to construct a 128,000 square foot, 7-story Class A Mixed-Use Development.
Challenges: Surrounding residential neighbors and businesses with strong opinions against development for a myriad of reasons including traffic, parking, architecture, and size.
Strategy: After a once tumultuous zoning case between the city and the previous owner, our strategy was to foster a collaborative process with the city and neighbors to create excitement within the neighborhood ultimately resulting in a successful commercial development that could exist harmoniously with the residential community.
• Granted Planned Development zoning for a 119,000 square foot, 6-story project
• Addressed traffic congestion by enlarging the Daniel/Hillcrest intersection and creating a right hand turn lane going South on Hillcrest
• Added additional carparks to help alleviate parking challenges that currently exist in Snider PlazaVIEW PROPERTY
Location: Spencer Highway and Somerton in La Porte, Texas
Goal: Out of Chili’s 1,600 franchised locations, their restaurant at Beltway and Fairmount Parkway in Houston was a top 10 producer. This gave Chili’s Corporate the desire to add an additional location in Southeast Houston.
Challenges: Myers Commercial procured an ideal piece of land based on location, however at the time it was located in a flood plain.
Strategy: Remedy the flood plain issue prior to Chili’s construction by bringing in additional fill to the site and working with FEMA to create new topographical maps.
• Successfully developed Chili’s restaurant
• Received a tax credit from the city
• Sold the Ground Lease in 24 hours at asking price